Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day in, Day out

Jaya has been talking about time a lot these days. What time is it, is it night yet, is it morning yet, what day is it, I don't like Monday. Around 5 he starts asking why nighttime has to come. "I just want it to be day and day and day" he says. So yesterday evening I told him that God gave us night so that all living things have a chance to rest and be quiet and wake up fresh again. It seemed like a natural answer, and a heck of a lot easier than explaining what it means to be a diurnal being.
"What?" he responded. "What's THAT??". So much for my easy way out. I changed the subject. Just thinking about explaining God to a 4 year old makes me want to go lie down and take a nap.

No comments: